Monday 18 May 2009

Fake Hair...

I bought some clip in extensions for a party. Not the real hair type, just the cheap synthetic type. They were a perfect match to my hair colour, or at least they were when I bought them, but by the time I came to wear them, my hair colour had faded slightly and they were slightly darker than my hair, though not significant enough to be too obvious.

When I finally managed to get them in, after about 20 minutes of trying, they looked pretty good – if you didn’t know I was wearing extensions, in the dark pub light of the party you’d never tell.

Despite that, I could definitely tell they were in – not being used to thigh length hair, the first problem I encountered was when I got in the car, and accidentally sat on them, dislodging them slightly. Then I kept fiddling with them, and couldn’t brush my hair because I would knock them out. They became heavier and heavier as the evening wore on, until about 10.30 p.m. when I finally gave in and went back to my natural below the shoulder length hair. Never before has my head felt so light!


Worth the £4 – definitely. Worth paying more for better ones? I’d probably say no. After taking them out they became tangled in my bag, and the thought of washing and brushing them was too mind numbing, so they ended up in the bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment